– Brooklyn Felony DWI and felony Aggravated Unlicensed Operation trial. Two NYC police officers testified they saw the defendant driving without a seat belt and that upon being stopped he appeared intoxicated; and that he was driving on multiple suspensions. A breath test done almost 4 hours later showed a .05 BAC. State expert Dr. Read More
– Attempted Murder of a Police Officer trial in New York County. While the jury did not accept the insanity defense, they did find the Defendant NOT GUILTY on the top count of Attempted Murder in the First Degree; thereby avoiding a life sentence. New York County Supreme Court, April 2015. (See NY Daily News Read More
– Brooklyn sex offense trial. After Cerbin cross-examined the alleged child victim and witnesses the jury found Williams NOT GUILTY on all charges. 2007.
– Brooklyn assault case. The complainant testified that Ms. Peart and several other individuals viciously attacked her. After Cerbin’s cross-examination of the victim, and testimony from Ms. Peart and her mother – the Court returned a verdict of NOT GUILTY on all charges. Brooklyn Criminal Court, April 23, 2018.
– Brooklyn assault and contempt of court case. Mr. Young was charged with assaulting his neighbor Joshua Kellier. Mr. Kellier then had Mr. Young arrested for allegedly violating the order of protection in the assault case. The cases were consolidated and tried together. After Cerbin’s cross- examination of Mr. Kellier and the arresting officer the Read More
– Brooklyn assault and endangering welfare of a minor case. Defendant – a New York City probation officer – was charged with aiding and abetting the assault of her child’s classmate. After Cerbin’s cross examination of the complainant and the arresting NYPD detective the jury returned a verdict of NOT GUILTY on all charges. Brooklyn Read More
– Queens County robbery trial. Complainant testified that my client and others assaulted him and stole his wallet. Four police officers testified, three of them said they saw the tail end of the altercation. The prosecution offered 3 1/2 years in prison. Jury verdict of NOT GUILTY on all charges after only 20 minutes of Read More
– New York County DWI trial. Defendant was involved in a serious motor vehicle accident on the FDR Drive and allegedly admitted having “three or four beers” to two different police officers. Nine witnesses testified for the prosecution. One eyewitness testified that Defendant was driving erratically and speeding, several other officers and another civilian testified Read More
– Queens DWI trial. Prompt jury verdict of NOT GUILTY on DWI and DWAI charges after Cerbin cross examined a 24 year police veteran with 450 DWI arrests. Queens Criminal Court, July 2014.
– Brooklyn assault trial. Defendant was charged with assaulting and menacing his ex-girlfriend. Immediate NOT GUILTY verdict on all charges after Cerbin’s cross-examination of the alleged victim. New York County Criminal Court, February 2014.
I am attorney Scott G. Cerbin, Esq., and my firm is located in downtown Brooklyn near the Borough Hall and Jay Street stops. The Law Office Of Scott G. Cerbin, Esq., PLLC, offers free initial consultations to individuals living within all five New York City boroughs. You can reach me at any hour of the day or night, regardless of the complexity of your issue.
To schedule your initial consultation or to learn more about my firm, call 718-596-1829 or complete the lawyer contact form below.