– Brooklyn drug sale case. After Cerbin presented his client to a Kings County Grand Jury all charges were DISMISSED. Brooklyn Supreme Court, October 2013.
– Brooklyn DWI trial. Prompt jury verdict of NOT GUILTY on all charges after Cerbin’s cross-examination of the arresting officer. Brooklyn Criminal Court, September 2013.
– First Degree Assault case where the prosecution alleged Cerbin’s client fractured victim’s orbital with a golf club. The DA demanded 5 years in prison. After the indictment was dismissed on a technicality Cerbin presented an eyewitness to the grand jury who offered that Cedeno never struck the victim with a weapon. The DA could Read More
– Brooklyn gun possession case, offer of 2 years state prison. After Cerbin presented his client to a Kings County Grand Jury all charges were DISMISSED. Brooklyn Supreme Court, April 2013.
– Brooklyn fatality DWI trial with expert witness testifying for the prosecution. After Cerbin aggressively cross-examined and discredited the state expert’s theory about the motorist’s BAC at the time of the incident, crossed the accident reconstruction detective, the sergeant at the scene, and the arresting officer; jury verdict of NOT GUILTY on all criminal charges. Read More
Cristian Garcia v. Albert Cabello, 11-cv-2274 (EDNY) – Federal civil rights trial. NYPD Police Officer Albert Cabello savagely beat and broke a teen’s nose, lied about it to the Brooklyn District Attorneys office, and falsely charged the teen with feloniously assaulting him. After the criminal charges were dismissed against Garcia, Cabello was brought to trial Read More
Semenov v. Semenov, The Appellate Division, Second Department, affirmed Cerbin’s Richmond County WIN AT TRIAL, in a case in which an ex-husband tried to take his former wife’s house. Richmond County Supreme Court, 2012.
– Brooklyn gun possession case, offer of two years state prison. After Cerbin presented his client to a Kings County Grand Jury all charges were DISMISSED. Brooklyn Supreme Court, 2011.
– Federal day care fraud case involving millions of dollars. All charges dismissed after an iniital offer of a felony plea. United States District Court, New York, 2011.
– Federal narcotics trafficking case. Sentencing guideline range of 120 months prison. Sentenced to time served of 4 (four) days after the court heard argument and read Cerbin’s pre-sentence memorandum. United States District Court, New York, December 2011.
I am attorney Scott G. Cerbin, Esq., and my firm is located in downtown Brooklyn near the Borough Hall and Jay Street stops. The Law Office Of Scott G. Cerbin, Esq., PLLC, offers free initial consultations to individuals living within all five New York City boroughs. You can reach me at any hour of the day or night, regardless of the complexity of your issue.
To schedule your initial consultation or to learn more about my firm, call 718-596-1829 or complete the lawyer contact form below.